Bowie Commons stands as a counterpoint to typically inefficient and isolated
suburban development. Located across the street from Bowie Town Center, Bowie
Commons' open and green grounds are accessible by foot to a variety of retail
and community services. Following a detailed energy audit in 2008, MOMI took
measures to update existing systems and ensure the 1980's-era property is managed
and maintained using the best practices in sustainability.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Sustainable features at Bowie Commons include:
- Energy-efficient heat pumps and hot water heaters.
- Digital thermostats for increased efficiency of heating and cooling units.
- Ceiling fans in each unit.
- Paint, sealants, caulks, adhesives, etc were all chosen for their minimal off-gassing of
volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- When carpets wear out, they are recycled and their replacements are made with recycled content.
- Energy-efficient building lighting, including compact-fluorescent light bulbs used throughout common spaces and in all apartments.
- Energy-Star appliances used in each apartment unit.
- Double-paned windows provide excellent insulation in both summer and winter.
- Every unit comes with
Niagara flapperless toilets
that conserve water while still offering a powerful flush.
- Water-conserving plumbing fixtures used throughout property.
- Located in a walkable community, with restaurants, shopping and services easily accessible on foot.
- Directly across the street from the Bowie Town Center and adjacent to the Bowie Senior Center.
- Building-wide recycling, including special programs for fluorescent bulbs and batteries.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
- Eco-friendly business practices by management staff.
- Use of Integrated Pest Management system that minimizes use of pesticides.
- Green cleaning products used to clean all common areas.
- Receptive and flexible management--always looking for ways to improve!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-249-2575